Every innovative feature of the Invisalign® System is designed to reveal the smile that you deserve. It’s why millions of people have now transformed their lives with our removable, near-invisible aligners.
Custom-made to move your teeth little by little, each tiny shift takes you a step closer to that next version of you – efficiently, gently and accurately.
WHAT IS INVISALIGN?
Invisalign® is a custom-made aligner that is interchanged roughly every two weeks for a period of six to eighteen months, or longer depending on the severity of misalignment. Similar to a mouth or dental retainer (which is designed to keep teeth from shifting out of place), an Invisalign® aligner is used for orthodontic treatment as a technique to move and properly align teeth for a beautiful smile. This clear aligner is usually computer generated from a mold (or impression) of the patient’s teeth—taken by either a dentist or an orthodontist—and the fitting is unique to each patient only.
INVISALIGN VS TRADITIONAL BRACES
Unlike conventional braces, Invisalign® is one of the most convenient methods to straighten teeth, requiring patients to make minor life changes to accommodate the orthodontic treatment. For instance, patients can take out the aligners when brushing, flossing, eating, or drinking—a significant advantage over cumbersome braces that not only complicate oral care, but also are especially prone to damage when eating hard or chewy foods (i.e. corn on the cob, crunchy taco shells, beef jerky, etc.). Because the mouth trays are transparent (nearly invisible), patients using Invisalign® aligners can straighten their teeth without embarrassing metal brackets and wires taking away from the natural look of their smile. The plastic aligners are also gentle on cheeks and gums—unlike braces, which contain sharp edges that can scrape or cut the inside of the mouth.
LIMITATIONS OF INVISALIGN
While clear aligners can correct a large majority of dental problems, not all patients are suitable candidates for Invisalign®. One serious drawback of Invisalign® technology is that it currently cannot fix severe malocclusion, or a badly aligned bite. According to the Dental Tribune, aligners are not always effective in moving and aligning tooth roots in the back of the mouth (molars), especially when gaps are present. Although Invisalign® aligners are suitable in cases where teeth need to be “tilted” into place, traditional braces are still considered ideal for moving molars with deep tooth roots. Another shortcoming of Invisalign® is also a benefit: removability. Unlike fixed braces, many patients take out their aligners frequently, increasing the risk of misplacing the plastic tray and delaying orthodontic progress.
IS INVISALIGN RIGHT FOR ME?
Due to the unique circumstances behind each orthodontic patient, it may be best to consult with a dentist or orthodontist to determine if Invisalign® treatment is right for you. In general, Invisalign® aligners may correct some common dental problems including:
- Gapped teeth
- Mild bite problems (including over bite, under bite, cross bite, or open bite)
- Crowded teeth
4 WAYS INVISALIGN CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
- Confidence: It won’t just affect your social life, think how you would feel delivering the next presentation at work knowing that you don’t have to hide your teeth throughout it, and then finishing with a flourish by flashing that million-dollar smile! In fact, statistics show that people with straighter teeth actually do better at job interviews. This could be down to a number of things, from increased confidence and instilling trust among future employers, to generally appearing cleaner, more hygienic and personable.
- Improved oral hygiene: On the subject of cleanliness, if you currently struggle with your oral hygiene (does your dentist constantly tell you about plaque accumulation?) it’s probably because uneven teeth are actually harder to clean. Think about it, if the teeth aren’t in a straight line it leaves more nooks and crannies for food and bacteria to hide, making it trickier to clean even with the best toothbrush in the world. Orthodontic treatment could improve the health of your teeth and gums and this has a far-reaching effect on the health of your whole body.
- Discreet and quick: If the idea of years of ‘brace face’ puts you off, there’s no need to let that school-day era of name calling haunt you. There are a multitude of short-term and invisible orthodontic solutions available that will allow you to achieve the smile of your dreams without having to deal with a mouth full of wire. Even these shorter solutions will give you a sense of achievement at the end of it all. It might not be the two-year slog that orthodontic treatment once was but it still requires care and attention in terms of keeping the appliance clean and sticking with it through to the end of the treatment.
- Personal satisfaction: No matter which teeth straightening system you opt for, at the end of your treatment you can expect to feel a wonderful sense of achievement. From seeing that niggle that you’d noticed in photos straightened out or noticing an improvement in the shape of your face and profile, your satisfaction is the reward that we look forward to with you at the end of your clinical treatment.